• Melo Acuna

Bishop Pabillo tests COVID-19 positive; goes on quarantine

Manila Bishop Broderick Pabillo tests positive with COVID-19, undergoes quarantine

MANILA – The Apostolic Administrator of the Archdiocese of Manila, Auxiliary Bishop Broderick Soncuaco Pabillo, now 65 years old, tested positive with COVID-19 with the RT-PCR test.

In a letter addressed to his brother priests in the Archdiocese of Manila he said although he does not feel anything, he will follow the protocol as required.

“I am now in a designated area for quarantine observing strict protocol as required. My condition is being monitored and I take healthy food and vitamins, and do physical exercise,” he said in a letter dated today.

He said his staff tested negative and the people in contact within him in the last week have been informed for them to follow the necessary safety measures.

“I know this virus will pass, so please do not worry about me, although prayers would be very much appreciated,” he added.

He expressed his thanks for being in his normal self and “thank God, the scheduled online meetings that we have set will continue” as life must go on. He has assigned priests to celebrate the Sunday Mass at 10:00 A.M. and Monday Mass at noon at the Manila Cathedral. He added he has prepared the homilies for both celebrations which the priests will read.

He quoted St. Paul’s instructions to Timothy: “Preach the word, be ready in season and out of season, reprove, rebuke, ad exhort, with complete patience and teaching.” (2Tim 4:2).

Bishop Pabillo was among the prelates who dared Presidential Legal Adviser Secretary Salvador Panelo to sue them for criticizing the recently-signed Anti-Terrorism Law or Republic Act 11479. The ranking Malacanang official remained mum on the bishop’s challenge. (Melo M. Acuña)

Apostolic Administrator of Manila, Auxiliary Bishop Broderick S. Pabillo. (Archdiocese of Manila Photo)


7 views

LET'S TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL

© 2020 by Fortunato Sam Balindan. Proudly created with Wix.com