More COVID-19 positive cases reported; NCR still tops
COVID-19 positive cases reach 234,570
MANILA – The Department of Health (DoH) today announced an additional of 2,529 confirmed cases from tests made by 92 out of 113 laboratories nationwide.
In their Case Bulletin No. 175 dated September 5,2020, the National Capital Region topped the list of additional COVID-19 cases with 1,171 followed by Negros Occidental with 197, Laguna with 145, Cavite with 117 and Bulacan with 70. According to the same data, 90.4% had mild cases, with 7.2% considered asymptomatic, 1.0% as severe and 1.4% as critical.
There were 1,136 reported recoveries today bring the total number of recoveries to 161,668 while 53 others succumbed to the COVID-19 pandemic for a total of 3,790 deaths.
From a total of 1,800 ICU beds, 50% of these are currently occupied while the 13,600 isolation beds across the country had 43% occupancy as of this afternoon while ward beds with a total number of 5,600 beds had an occupancy of 49%.
The Department of Health also reported 28% occupancy of the 2,200 ventilators nationwide.
As of today, 2,589,840 have been tested by the 87 licensed RT-PCR laboratories complemented by 28 licensed GeneXpert laboratories.
Meanwhile, the Department of Foreign Affairs said there were three (3) new confirmed COVID-19 cases is Asia ang the Pacific, while there were nine (9) recoveries. A Filipino died of the virus in the Middle East/Africa region.
Compared with last week’s percentages, the total number of Filipinos wo recovered increased to 62.12% of the total confirmed cases. Some 30.39% decrease was noted in recoveries while the fatalities associated with COVOD-19 slightly decreased with 7.5%.
The DFA said 10,116 Filipinos have been confirmed with COVID-19 while 3,074 are still undergoing treatment and 6,284 have been discharged from their respective hospitals.
The DFA reported 758 Filipinos have died due to the virus. COVID-19 has affected Filipinos in 74 countries or regions worldwide. (Melo M. Acuña)